TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - No drone
People Seeking Info

Subject No drone

Posted by BlackholeZ on February 14, 2016 at 1:13 AM
  This message has been viewed 322 times.

In Reply To Good video and the exhaust sounds great! posted by SammybTT(TN) on February 13, 2016 at 11:44 AM

Message It was a top speed catback with testpipes, but I got sick of how loud it was. I did a turboback install on a Mazdaspeed 3 and the customer didn't want his oem exhaust, so I salvaged 2 big resonators off it. They were so big they didn't fit in the X-pipe, so I had to convert it to an H-pipe. I really like the way it sounds, but sometimes I wish it was a little more shouty.

Shifter is the DIY/Woody where you grind the ears off the shaft and slide the pivot ball up. I just moved the ball a lot further than most, in fact I moved it past the bend in the shaft. Unfortunately this moved the bottom of the shifter so far down that it hit the driveshaft in 3rd and 4th. I had to trim the support bushing to pull the whole mechanism up higher. The plus to this is I have a nice short shifter without it being sunken into the console.

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.